Cini-Minis® Cinnamon Cereal Milk Banana Cream Pie
Just when you thought banana cream pie could never be topped...Try adding CINI MINIS as your own special secret ingredient.
- Preparation Time
- 50 min
- Cooking Time
- 45 min
- Cooling Time
- 2 h
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|4||cups of CINI MINIS® cereal|
|2 tbsp||granulated sugar|
|0.25||cup of unsalted butter, melted|
|2.5||cups of milk|
|0.5||cup of whipping cream|
|2||cups of CINI MINIS® cereal|
|0.25||cup of cornstarch|
|0.3||cup of granulated sugar|
|2 tbsp||unsalted butter|
|2 to 3||bananas, sliced|
|1||cup of whipping cream|
|1 tbsp||powdered sugar|
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In food processor, process Crust ingredients except butter with on-and-off motions until fine crumbs form. Add 1/4 cup butter; process until well combined and a bit of the mixture pinched between fingers clumps together. Pour mixture into ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate; press in even layer in bottom and up side to form crust.
- Bake in center of oven about 13 minutes. Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, combine 2 cups of the milk, 1/2 cup cream and 2 cups cereal. Heat to barely a simmer. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 30 minutes to steep.
- Strain cereal-milk mixture through fine strainer, pressing on cereal to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard cereal.
- In small bowl, beat remaining 1/2 cup milk and the cornstarch with whisk until no lumps remain. Stir cornstarch mixture with whisk into cereal-milk mixture until combined. In another bowl (or the cornstarch bowl), beat egg yolks, 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt with whisk until well combined and yolks begin to get pale and thick. Ladle a bit of the warm cereal-milk mixture into egg yolk mixture until combined. With rubber spatula, scrape egg yolk mixture into cereal-milk mixture in saucepan. Return saucepan to heat. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly and making sure to scrape bottom and side of saucepan, until pudding thickens, whisk or spoon leaves tracks on surface of pudding, and mixture coats back of spoon.
- Using immersion blender (preferred) or whisk, blend in 2 tablespoons butter. Cool pudding slightly.
- Spoon or scrape half of pudding mixture into crust. Layer banana slices over first layer of pudding; top with remaining pudding, smoothing top. Place sheet of plastic wrap directly onto surface of pudding. Refrigerate pie until pudding is cool and set, about 2 hours.
- Before serving, whip 1 cup cream and the powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed until medium-soft peaks form. Spread over top of chilled pie.
I'd like to contact Nestlé Cereals because
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
Do Nestlé products in emerging countries have more salt than products in developed/developing countries?
For the last 15 years we’ve been working to reduce the sodium (which is the major component of salt) in our breakfast cereals across the world, because we want to keep on making them more nutritious. Achieving consistency on all products, in all countries, takes time - so some may have more sodium than others. Our aim is for all our cereals – globally – to have the same reduced levels of sodium, with a target of less than 135mg per serving in all our children’s products.
What are the health and nutritional benefits of Nestlé Gluten Free Corn Flakes?
As well as being a healthy choice for people who want to reduce the amount of gluten in their diet, or have coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance, Gluten Free Corn Flakes are fortified with B-vitamins, folic acid and iron
How can I find foods made with whole grain?
Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look out for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too. It’s easy to know if a Nestlé breakfast cereal is made with whole grain: just look out for the Green Banner and whole grain tick on top of the box.
I’ve heard a low GI diet can help me lose weight. Is this true?
It’s too early to say. The science in this area is still emerging. There is evidence that low GI foods take longer to digest and help you feel satisfied for longer, but none that you’ll eat fewer calories at the next meal.