Cheerios® Cute and Crunchy Cereal Flower Pops
Turn your cereal into a masterpiece with these simple-to-make lollipops. All you need is a selection of cereals and some imagination!
- Preparation Time
- 15 min
- Cooking Time
- 0 min
- Cooling Time
- 10 min
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|200 g||Dark chocolate|
|Glacé cherries / strawberries|
|A variety of different Nestlé cereals|
|1||Honeydew melon or pineapple|
|3||Fresh strawberries, optional|
|3||Red grapes, optional|
|12||Wooden skewers or lollipop sticks|
- Use a melon or pineapple to make a vase and make various styles of Nestlé cereal flowers.
- The options are endless, one to really let the kids use their imagination.
- Break the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on medium in 20 second blasts, stirring every time until melted, but not hot.
- Using the teaspoon make round pools of chocolate on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the wooden skewers into the chocolate at one end, twisting it to coat it and make secure.
- While the chocolate is still setting, press in your desired cereals to form petals and the flower centres.
- Try to mix up the colours to make pretty coloured flowers.
- Chill for 10 minutes, until set.
- Peel the cereal flowers off the greaseproof paper.
- Push the skewers into the pineapple to make an eye-catching centrepiece, or display the flowers by placing them into a glass.
I'd like to contact Nestlé Cereals because
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
Do Nestlé products in emerging countries have more salt than products in developed/developing countries?
For the last 15 years we’ve been working to reduce the sodium (which is the major component of salt) in our breakfast cereals across the world, because we want to keep on making them more nutritious. Achieving consistency on all products, in all countries, takes time - so some may have more sodium than others. Our aim is for all our cereals – globally – to have the same reduced levels of sodium, with a target of less than 135mg per serving in all our children’s products.
What are the health and nutritional benefits of Nestlé Gluten Free Corn Flakes?
As well as being a healthy choice for people who want to reduce the amount of gluten in their diet, or have coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance, Gluten Free Corn Flakes are fortified with B-vitamins, folic acid and iron
How can I find foods made with whole grain?
Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look out for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too. It’s easy to know if a Nestlé breakfast cereal is made with whole grain: just look out for the Green Banner and whole grain tick on top of the box.
I’ve heard a low GI diet can help me lose weight. Is this true?
It’s too early to say. The science in this area is still emerging. There is evidence that low GI foods take longer to digest and help you feel satisfied for longer, but none that you’ll eat fewer calories at the next meal.