Try giving that old family favourite, a tasty ‘makeover’ by sprinkling some golden gluten free cornflakes on top.
- Preparation Time
- 30 min
- Cooking Time
- 15 min
- Cooling Time
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
- 6 tbsp Nestlé® GLUTEN FREE CORN FLAKES cereal (90g)
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped, if desired
- 1 large potato, peeled, chopped (500g)
- 45 g butter
- 450 g ground beef
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced (250g)
- 500 g frozen peas, thawed
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 400 g diced tomatoes, undrained
- Heat oven to 190°C. In 2L saucepan, cover cauliflower and potato with water. Heat to boiling. Cover; reduce heat to simmer. Cook about 10 minutes or until potato is tender; drain. Add butter; mash with potato masher or fork.
- In 25.5cm (10-inch) skillet, cook beef over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. Add carrots, thawed peas, tomatoes and salt; cover. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender. Spoon beef mixture into 6 (240ml) ovenproof ramekins. Top each with potato mixture; sprinkle tops with cereal.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot.