Cheerios® Fruitylicious Apple and Berry bars
Perfect for lunchboxes or as an anytime snack, our cereal bars are fruity and crunchy-licious. And this simple, all-in-one method is easy-peasy – so even your little ones can have a go!
- Preparation Time
- 15 min
- Cooking Time
- 25 min
- Cooling Time
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|140 g||CHEERIOS® whole|
|115 g||self-raising flour|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|85 g||dried cherry and berry mix|
|2 tbsp||muscovado sugar|
|1||medium dessert apple, cored and chopped small|
|150 ml||semi-skimmed milk (1/4 pint)|
|1||medium egg, beaten|
|3 tbsp||light olive oil or sunflower oil|
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Line a 20cm x 25cm tin with baking parchment.
- Place 100g of the CHEERIOS® in a mixing bowl along with the flour, baking powder, cherry and berry mix, sugar and apple and stir together until well combined
- Add the milk, egg and oil and briefly mix again.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Sprinkle over the remaining CHEERIOS® and lightly press them into the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and just firm. Leave to cool for a few minutes then lift out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Lightly dust with icing sugar and use a large knife cut into 10 bars.
- Try to mix up the colours to make pretty coloured flowers.
- You can use chopped pear in place of the apple. Dried cranberries and raisins also work well in this recipe.