A new twist on an old favourite dessert that is bursting with fruity, crunchy, chocolate flavours. Clean plates all round!
- Preparation Time
- 1 h
- Cooking Time
- 3 h
- Cooling Time
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
- The meringue:
- 2 egg whites
- Double of the weight in powdered sugar
- The lemon mousse:
- 300 g lemon curd
- 250 ml cool liquid full cream (30-35 % fat)
- 2 leaf of gelatine
- The filling:
- 6 strawberries
- Few Pop-Corns and CHOCAPIC®
- Pour the whites in a salad bowl that resist to the water bath.
- Weigh them and put the double of the weight in powdered sugar.
- Start to mix with a whisk to incorporate the sugar.
- Bring to a simmer the water in a pan, and add the salad bowl on the top.
- Whisk with an electric mixer.
- Gradually, the whites will slightly thicken under the influence of heat, take volume and become shiny.
- Once the meringue is compact, remove the salad bowl from the bath.
- Continue to whisk for 5 minutes.
- Turn upside down a cup muffin pan on a baking sheet.
- Fill the meringue into a parchment bag (5mm) and realize spirals around the domes.
- Heat your oven, fan-assisted, 100 to 110°C and bake for 3 hours.
- Remove from oven, let cool and stock in the freezer for an hour.
- It will allow you to unroll the domes easily.
The lemon mousse
- Pour the lemon custard in a small pan.
- Plunge the gelatine sheet in a cold water bowl, in order to soften it.
- Heat on a low heat the cream, without stopping mixing and add the gelatine sheet.
- Incorporate it with a whisk and remove from the heat.
- Pour the cream in a salad bowl and rapidly whisk until it become firm.
- In 4 times, pour the lemon custard in the cream and gently mix with a spatula.
- Stock the mix in your refrigerator for, at least, 2 hours.
- When you serve, fill the lemon custard into a pastry bag fitted with fluted tip and fill the meringues.
- Do it softly, the meringues are fragile.
- Lay the meringues on the dessert plates.
- Wash the strawberries and cut them in dice.
- Add them to the lemon custard.
- Add few Pop corns and CHOCAPIC® and serve without waiting.