Lion® Chocolate Mousse with Cereal Flakes
Chocolate mousse – could this pudding get more perfect? We say yes when you add some crunchy sprinkles on top!
- Preparation Time
- 20 min
- Cooking Time
- 0 min
- Cooling Time
- 3 h
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|200 g||tablet dark chocolate|
|6 tbsp||Nestlé LION® Cereal|
|1||pinch of salt|
- Break the chocolate into small pieces, and melt it in a bain-marie or double boiler over low heat. Once it has melted completely, stir gently until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Break the eggs, separating the whites and yolks. Add the salt to the egg whites, and beat them until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually pour the melted chocolate into the egg yolks, stirring vigorously.
- With a spatula, gently fold in one-third of the beaten egg whites. Then add the rest gradually, folding upward from below in order to fully blend in the chocolate and ensure the whites retain their shape. Pour into eight serving bowls or glasses.
- Allow mousse to set in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Serve well chilled.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cereal flakes.
I'd like to contact Nestlé Cereals because
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
How can I find foods made with whole grain?
Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look out for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too. It’s easy to know if a Nestlé breakfast cereal is made with whole grain: just look out for the Green Banner and whole grain tick on top of the box.
Which Nestlé cereals are made with whole grain?
All Nestlé breakfast cereals carrying the green banner are made with whole grain; this is our Whole Grain Guarantee. They are made with at least 8g or more of whole grain per 30g serving. There are ingredient lists on all packs, showing the exact amount. By end of 2015, we’re committed to making whole grain the main ingredient in all Nestlé cereals popular with children.
What should be in a complete breakfast?
A complete breakfast should include a balance of nutrients from each of the major food groups. As a guide, it might look like this: • 1 grain-based starchy food • 1 dairy food • 1 portion of fresh fruit • 1 glass of water • Optionally, an additional source of protein Nestlé breakfast cereals are a nutritious breakfast choice as they are: • A source of fiber and whole grain • Low in fat (most have low levels of all types of fat, including saturates) • Fortified with vitamins and minerals such as B vitamins, calcium and iron • A lower calorie per kilojoule, fat and sugar choice than many other breakfast food options
We'd love to hear your comments about Nestlé cereals, so please let us know what you think, we always appreciate hearing from you.