Country Corn Flakes® Fruit Salad with Coconut Ice Cream
Go light with this Nestlé Country Corn Flakes® fruit salad, drizzled with coconut ice cream on top to feel refreshed.
- Preparation Time
- 25 min
- Cooking Time
- 0 min
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|3 cups||Nestlé Country Corn Flakes®|
|1 cup||fresh oranges, peeled and cut into cubes|
|1/2 cup||bananas, peeled and sliced|
|1 cup||pineapple, peeled and cut|
|6||scoops of coconut ice cream|
- Squeeze out the juice of 1 orange.
- Peel the second orange with a sharp knife carefully, taking care to remove all white skin, then cut out segments between separating membranes. Collect juice and squeeze the orange membranes by hand.
- Cut the orange segments into small cubes. Mix orange juice and orange cubes with the raisins and let soak for 5 minutes.
- Peel the pineapple, cut out hard stalk and cut flesh into 1 cm (approximately 1/2-inch) pieces.
- Peel the banana and slice it. Mix banana with the pieces of pineapple and the orange salad.
- Divide the fruit among 6 bowls, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with corn flakes.
- Top with a scoop of coconut ice cream and some more corn flakes.
I'd like to contact Nestlé Cereals because
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
How can I find foods made with whole grain?
Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look out for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too. It’s easy to know if a Nestlé breakfast cereal is made with whole grain: just look out for the Green Banner and whole grain tick on top of the box.
Which Nestlé cereals are made with whole grain?
All Nestlé breakfast cereals carrying the green banner are made with whole grain; this is our Whole Grain Guarantee. They are made with at least 8g or more of whole grain per 30g serving. There are ingredient lists on all packs, showing the exact amount. By end of 2015, we’re committed to making whole grain the main ingredient in all Nestlé cereals popular with children.
What should be in a complete breakfast?
A complete breakfast should include a balance of nutrients from each of the major food groups. As a guide, it might look like this: • 1 grain-based starchy food • 1 dairy food • 1 portion of fresh fruit • 1 glass of water • Optionally, an additional source of protein Nestlé breakfast cereals are a nutritious breakfast choice as they are: • A source of fiber and whole grain • Low in fat (most have low levels of all types of fat, including saturates) • Fortified with vitamins and minerals such as B vitamins, calcium and iron • A lower calorie per kilojoule, fat and sugar choice than many other breakfast food options
We'd love to hear your comments about Nestlé cereals, so please let us know what you think, we always appreciate hearing from you.