Decorate these meringues with a handful of Fitness flakes before popping in the oven, for a pretty, toasty texture on the top!
- Preparation Time
- 30 min
- Cooking Time
- 50 min
- Cooling Time
- 6 min
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
- 200 g strawberries
- a few basil leaves
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 drops vanilla extract (or orange flower extract)
- 25 g FITNESS® cereals
- Wash, remove the stems, and chop the strawberries. Wash and chop basil leaves and put them with the strawberries in a mixing bowl. Put aside.
- Preheat oven to 250 °C.
- Beat egg whites. Add sugar progressively.
- When the egg whites have formed into stiff peaks, add vanilla and continue beating until it is all mixed together.
- Put the egg whites in a pastry bag and squeeze out little piles on a sheet pan lined with wax paper.
- Sprinkle a little cereal on each meringue mound.
- Place in oven, leaving the door slightly ajar and bake for 50 min.
- Turn off the oven, and leave the meringues until they have cooled completely. Serve with strawberry and basil mixture.