FITNESS Thin Summer Tomato Tart
With green and red tomatoes and grainy mustard.
- Preparation Time
- 20 min
- Cooking Time
- 40 min
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|60 g||FITNESS® Original|
|50 g||Olive Oil|
|75 g||Cold Water|
|1-2 tbsp||Grainy mustard|
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- In a salad bowl, mix the flour, the crushed FITNESS® cereals, fresh basil and a moderate amount of salt according to your taste.
- Dig a whole and add the olive oil, water and egg.
- Stir with a wooden spatula, then shape a ball with your hands.
- If the dough is too sticky, add flour. If it is too dry, add water.
- Spread the dough with a rolling pin on a baking sheet.
- Put the dough and sheet in the mold, roll and even up the edges.
- Jab the surface area with a fork (except the edges).
- Put in the oven for 8 minutes at 180°.
- Remove the tart from the oven, and spread the grainy mustard on it.
- Place the tomatoes cut in slices, alternating (one green, one red) and overlapping them.
- Add moderate amount of salt according to your taste, black pepper, a dash of olive oil, and keep cooking for another 30 minutes.
- When removing from the oven, decorate the tart with basil leaves and enjoy warm or cold.
I'd like to contact Nestlé Cereals because
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
How can I find foods made with whole grain?
Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look out for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too. It’s easy to know if a Nestlé breakfast cereal is made with whole grain: just look out for the Green Banner and whole grain tick on top of the box.
Why does Nestlé label vegetable oil?
Because it’s industry practice to label seasonal oils (oils that aren’t consistently available across the year). In Europe it’s now mandatory to detail the types of vegetable oils used in a food product. So it’s no longer permitted to use the term “vegetable oil” on a label.
What should be in a complete breakfast?
A complete breakfast should include a balance of nutrients from each of the major food groups. As a guide, it might look like this:
- 1 grain-based starchy food
- 1 dairy food
- 1 portion of fresh fruit
- 1 glass of water
- Optionally, an additional source of protein Nestlé breakfast cereals are a nutritious breakfast choice as they are:
- A source of fibre and whole grain
- Low in fat (most have low levels of all types of fat, including saturates)
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals such as B vitamins, calcium and iron
- A lower calorie per kilojoule, fat and sugar choice than many other breakfast food options
Do breakfast cereals contain too much saturated fat?
No. Breakfast cereals aren’t a major source of saturated fats, and contain no added trans fats. Some grains, such as oats, can be higher in fats – but these are naturally present in the grain, and tend to be ‘good’ fats, not saturated fats.
What are the health and nutritional benefits of Nestlé Gluten Free Corn Flakes?
As well as being a healthy choice for people who want to reduce the amount of gluten in their diet, or have coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance, Gluten Free Corn Flakes are fortified with B-vitamins, folic acid and iron.
We'd love to hear your comments about Nestlé cereals, so please let us know what you think, we always appreciate hearing from you.
Nestlé Customer Care
Nestle Malta, Pantar Road, Lija
LJA 2021 Malta
Phone lines are open 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 3.30pm on Friday.