English | Bahasa Malaysia
Cereal Partners (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. and any of its holding, subsidiary or related companies as defined in the Companies Act 1965 (collectively, “Nestlé Malaysia Group”, “Nestlé“, “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your rights with regards to your personal information when you communicate with us.
For a detailed description of our privacy practices, please click on any of the questions below.
Please click on any of the questions below and you will be directed to the relevant answer in the main text.
- What personal information does Cereal Partners collect through this website and how does Cereal Partners collect it?
- How does Cereal Partners keep your personal information secure?
- What purposes does Cereal Partners use your personal information for?
- Who does the Cereal Partners disclose and transfer your personal information to and why?
- How can you access, modify or make other choices regarding the use of the personal information you send to us?
- Which countries will your personal information be sent to and why?
- Tracking Technologies - How and why does Cereal Partners use them?
- E Marketing - What is SPAMMING and what is Cereal Partners' position on SPAM e-mails?
- How long does Cereal Partners keep your personal information?
- What is Cereal Partners' policy on children using and communicating with our websites?
- Does Cereal Partners link to other third party websites and what happens to my personal information when this linking happens?
- What happens to my personal information when I e-mail a Cereal Partners web page to someone else?
- What happens to my personal information if I participate in an on-line survey from Cereal Partners through this website?
CEREAL PARTNERS POLICY ON PRIVACY
Please note we may combine personal information that we collect via one method (e.g., a website) with personal information that we collect via another method (e.g., an offline event). We do this to get a more complete view of our consumers, which in turn, allows us to serve you better and with more customization.
- Cereal Partners websites, including any consumer-directed websites operated by Cereal Partners and pages that we run on third party social networks;
- Cereal Partners mobile sites and applications;
- Cereal Partners text messaging programs;
- registration forms which we may collect from consumers, whether online or offline, including by post, during in-store demonstrations, or other in-person events or contests;
- any of Cereal Partners' contests, events or campaigns;
- Call centres;
- Authorised Third Parties; and
- Other sources (e.g. third party data aggregators).
2. What personal information does Cereal Partners collect through this website and how does Cereal Partners collect it?
Personal information or personal data is information that can be used to identify you on its own or in combination with other data that we collect or have access to. In cases where personal and other information is combined (e.g. personal contact information with account login or demographic information), such information is considered to be personal information).
We strive to limit the amount of personal information we collect and store to only that which is reasonably necessary to provide you with the relevant services.
- Personal contact information - information that would allow us to contact you personally such as your name, home or mailing address, phone number or email address. In some cases it would include information you give us about someone else (e.g. if you provide a friend’s email address for a tell-a-friend programme).
- Accout login information.
- Demographic information (e.g. date of birth, age etc)
- Technical computer information (e.g. IP addresses, type of operating system, web browser type). See further the answers to Question 8.
- Website Usage Information – information about how you use or navigate our websites, applications, online advertisements including which links you click, which pages you view and for how long, and other similar information and /or statistics such as date and time of visit, which site you came from, favorite recipes and site activities). See further the answers to Question 8.
- Consumer feedback.
- Consumer generated content – This includes information that you create and voluntarily share with us (and perhaps others) by uploading it to one of our websites or applications, including on our social network sites such as but not limited to Facebook or Twitter.
- Social network information – this includes information that is part of your profile on a third party social network (such as but not limited to Facebook) and that you allow the third party social network to share with us,
- Payment information including your credit card details, billing name and address (for example when you buy a Cereal Partners product online),
- Other information which we might need to collect for a specific Cereal Partners contest, event or campaign, form, feature or other service that you use or request.
- Sensitive personal information – This includes information about your physical or mental health or your medical condition and your religious beliefs which was gathered with your explicit consent at the point of collection.
Your personal information will be used for the purposes for which you provided it to Cereal Partners.
Additonally we may use your personal information for the purposes set out below. Please note that not all of the uses below will be relevant to every consumer.
- Account & membership maintenance, including administering any consumer loyalty or rewards programs that are associated with your account
- To conduct consumer insight studies
- Customer service
- Product improvement and customization
- Consumer engagement
- Contests and other promotions
- Marketing communication
- Third party social networking, which may be integrated in our sites or applications for the purposes of running contests, allowing you to share content with friends, etc
- Website improvement and personalization
- Website community features such as sharing pictures, videos, artwork or other messages or content
- Website viral features, which allow you to easily share certain news, product information, promotions, wish list items, or other content with family members and friends (typically using names and email addresses)
- Order fulfilment
- Other general purposes (e.g. website security, internal research, etc)
Nestlé may share and transfer your personal information with our related companies anywhere in the world including our parent company and its subsidiaries (collectively our “Related Companies”), and Authorised Third Parties (defined in Question 1).
We may also share your personal information with co-sponsors and promotion partners. This may involve, in some cases a transfer of your personal information outside Malaysia. Please see Question 7– "Which countries will your personal information be sent to and why?” for information on data transfers outside Malaysia."
When you become a winner in a contest or participate in our events, we may publish your name, photographs and other personal information without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes.
If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a company other than us, our Related Companies and our Authorised Third Parties (defined in Question 1), you can always choose not to opt in or participate in these events at the time the personal information is collected/requested.
We may disclose your personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies if we are required to do so by law; or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process; to respond to any legal claims or actions; or to protect the rights of Nestlé, its customers and/or the public.
We may also supply your personal information to potential acquirers of any relevant Nestlé business.
6. How can you access, modify or make other choices regarding the use of the personal information you send to us?
The following outlines the choices you have with respect to the collection and use of your personal information by us.
You can opt out - You always have the option not to share any of your personal information with us. However, if you choose this option, you will be limited in the activities and features we can provide you.
How to opt out - If you do not want to receive communications and/or services from a Nestlé website or brand, please do not opt-in for those communications or services at the time of registration. If you have opted-in and, at a later time, wish to opt-out, please visit the appropriate opt out section(s) on our website or application and amend your preferences.
What if I receive an e-mail, message or another contact I am not expecting - Along with every e-mail marketing communication sent to you, we provide you the option to discontinue receiving future marketing communications (i.e., unsubscribe). Simply follow the unsubscribe process or directions provided in the email.
How do I know whether I am opted in - You can always review or update any personal information that we may have collected about you. To do this, please visit the appropriate opt out section(s) on our website or application.
- Address: Nestlé Products Sdn. Bhd.
22-1, 22nd Floor, Menara Surian
No. 1, Jalan PJU 7/3
Mutiara Damansara 47810
- Web Form: http://www.nestle.com.my/contactus
- Call us: 1-800-88-3433
Nestlé is a global company and your personal information may be transferred across borders. Your personal information may be transferred between Related Companies (defined in Question 5) and Authorised Third Parties (defined in Question 1) of the Nestlé Group (companies in which Nestlé S.A. has control through either direct or indirect ownership) located in different countries. Nestlé takes the reasonably appropriate measures to maintain security of the personal information both during transit and at the receiving location. Nestlé will ensure that the country your data is transferred to has a similar or equivalent personal data protection laws in place.
The server that makes our websites available may be located outside the country from which you have accessed this website. All providers are bound by an agreement that ensures a high standard of privacy protection and requires (amongst other provisions) that it act only on Nestlé instructions and implements all technical measures necessary on an ongoing basis to keep your personal information secure.
Nestlé uses Tracking Technologies to gain a better understanding how visitors use this website. Tracking Technologies help us tailor Nestlé websites to your personal needs, to improve their user-friendliness, gain customer satisfaction feedback on our websites (through designated partners) and to communicate to you elsewhere on the web. To enable this some Tracking Technologies are applied when you enter our sites.
Nestlé keeps all the information collected from these Tracking Technologies in a non–personally identifiable format.
Please ensure that your computer setting reflects whether you are happy to accept cookies or not. You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can simply set it to refuse them, although you may not have access to all the features of this website if you do so. See your browser "help" button for how you can do this. You do not need to have cookies on to use or navigate through many parts of this and other Nestlé websites. Remember that if you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
Spamming is where advertisements or marketing related materials are communicated to you either orally or in writing in an unsolicited manner and without your consent.
Nestlé does NOT send SPAM. Nestlé will not use your personal information (including your e-mail address, address, phone number) for direct marketing or follow-up communications unless you give us your EXPRESS permission. This is called "OPT-IN" consent.
Nestlé websites give you the option to receive marketing information by e-mail. Every e-mail sent by Nestlé will give you the option to stop receiving any form of marketing materials at anytime.
If for some reason you believe you have received SPAM from a Nestlé Malaysia company please inform us immediately. For contact details please see Question 6.
Nestlé may store the personal information that you send to us in its separate databases. Your personal information will be kept by the Nestlé Group only for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). This means that we may retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you stop using Nestlé services or stop using Nestlé websites. After this period, your personal information will be deleted from all systems in the Nestlé Group.
We believe that it is highly important to protect the privacy of children and we encourage parents or guardians to spend time with their children to participate in and monitor their activities, including e-activities. We only collect personal information from children if parents or guardians provide consent for the child to submit personal information and we will ask children only for the personal information necessary to participate in the program for which the child is registering.
Children specific Websites
Special note to Children under the age of 18
If you are under the age of 18, we advise that you speak with your parent or guardian BEFORE giving your personal information to Nestlé websites. If you are not sure you understand something in this section, you should ask your parent or guardian for their help.
Special note to Parents of Children under the age of 18
We recommend that parents/guardians regularly check and monitor their children's use of e-mail and other on-line activities.Please make sure that your child does not give us personally identifiable information on-line without asking your permission.
You can, at any point of time, check your child's personal information and have it changed or deleted on-line. Alternatively, you can also ask us to delete any of your child's information by sending us a deletion request form by e-mail/postal mail to the address given in contact details set out in Question 6
12. Does Nestlé link to other third party websites and what happens to my personal information when this linking happens?
Some of our websites may provide you with the opportunity to e-mail a web page address to another person. For this feature to work, we may need to collect your e-mail address and/or the e-mail addresses of those you send the web page to. E-mail addresses collected in this way are not used for any purpose other than to fulfill your request. These e-mail addresses are not stored and are deleted immediately after your request is fulfilled.
From time to time, we may ask our website visitors or customers or participants in any of our campaigns, contests or other promotional event to answer survey questions. Surveys generally will relate to the content of our websites, our products or categories of products. We may ask for age or age ranges, gender, and/or other non-personally identifiable information. For the purposes of these surveys, we may add information obtained from Tracking Technologies (for online surveys) deployed to your survey answers but no personally identifiable information will be requested. Personal information gathered from polls and surveys are for Nestlé internal use only but aggregated (and non-personally identifiable) information may be shared with others.
- Write us
- In Person
As well as being a healthy choice for people who want to reduce the amount of gluten in their diet, or have coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance, Gluten Free Corn Flakes are fortified with B-vitamins, folic acid and iron
It’s too early to say. The science in this area is still emerging. There is evidence that low GI foods take longer to digest and help you feel satisfied for longer, but none that you’ll eat fewer calories at the next meal.
Not yet, but we will keep listening and responding to people’s needs.
The serving sizes mentioned on breakfast cereals can slightly differ, mainly due to differences in product density. Beyond its nutrients density, it’s also important for the portion size to suit the average cereal bowl. Some types of breakfast cereals, such as mueslis or granolas, are denser than traditional flakes; so a 30 g serving could look tiny and unrealistic in a bowl – that's why we use 45 g as a reference. These different serving sizes have been defined by the European cereals trade association and consistently applied by all industry members in Europe.
No. Even though some foods made with whole grain have a high GI, you can still benefit by including them in a healthy, balanced diet. Eating lots of whole grain can be good for the heart, even if the GI of the food is high. The whole population can benefit from eating more whole grain; the effect of low GI foods is still not clear.