KOKO KRUNCH® Meringue nests with lemon & strawberry
A new twist on an old favorite dessert that is bursting with fruity, crunchy, chocolate flavors. Clean plates all around!
- Preparation Time
- 60 min
- Cooking Time
- 3 h
- Cooling Time
- 2 h
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|Double the weight in powdered sugar|
|The lemon mousse:|
|300 g||lemon curd (approx. 1 1/4 cup)|
|250 ml||cool liquid full cream (30-35 % fat)|
|2||of leaf/sheet gelatin|
|A few Popcorn pieces and KOKO KRUNCH ®|
- Pour the whites in a salad bowl that will rest on the water bath.
- Weigh them and put in double the weight of powdered sugar.
- Start to mix with a whisk to include the sugar.
- Bring the water to a simmer in a pan, and put the salad bowl on top.
- Whisk with an electric mixer.
- Gradually, the whites will coagulate with the heat, take volume and become shiny.
- Once the meringue is compact, remove the salad bowl from the hot water.
- Continue to whisk for 5 minutes.
- Turn a cup muffin pan upside down on a baking sheet.
- Fill the meringue into a parchment bag (5mm) and create spirals around the domes.
- Heat your fan-assisted oven to 100-110°C and bake for 3 hours.
- Remove from oven, let it cool then put it into the freezer for an hour.
- It will allow you to unroll the domes easily.
The lemon mousse
- Pour the lemon custard into a small pan.
- Plunge the gelatin sheet in a cold water bowl, in order to soften it.
- Cook the cream on low heat, continuously mixing, and add the gelatin sheet.
- Incorporate air into the mixture with a whisk and remove from the heat.
- Pour the cream in a salad bowl and rapidly whisk until it becomes firm.
- Pour the lemon custard into the cream and gently mix with a spatula four times total.
- Keep the mix in your refrigerator for, at least, 2 hours.
- When you serve, put the lemon custard into a pastry bag fitted with a fluted tip and fill the meringues.
- Do it gently, the meringues are fragile.
- Lay the meringues on the dessert plates.
- Wash the strawberries and cut them into dice.
- Add them to the lemon custard.
- Add a few popcorn kernels and KOKO KRUNCH® and serve immediately.
I'd like to contact Nestlé Cereals because
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
Do Nestlé products in emerging countries have more salt than products in developed/developing countries?
For the last 15 years we’ve been working to reduce the sodium (which is the major component of salt) in our breakfast cereals across the world because we want to keep making them more nutritious. Achieving consistency in all products, in all countries, takes time - so some may have more sodium than others. Our aim is for all our cereals – globally – to have the same reduced levels of sodium, with a target of less than 135mg per serving in all our children's products.
What are the health and nutritional benefits of Nestlé Gluten Free Corn Flakes?
As well as being a healthy choice for people who want to reduce the amount of gluten in their diet, or have coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance, Gluten Free Corn Flakes are fortified with B-vitamins, folic acid and iron
How can I find foods made with whole grain?
Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look out for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too. It’s easy to know if a Nestlé breakfast cereal is made with whole grain: just look out for the Green Banner and whole grain tick on top of the box. Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too. It’s easy to know if a Nestlé breakfast cereal is made with whole grain: just look out for the Green Banner and whole grain check mark on top of the box.
I’ve heard a low GI diet can help me lose weight. Is this true?
We'd love to hear your comments about Nestlé cereals, so please let us know what you think, we always appreciate hearing from you.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, please return it to:
31 Plaza Drive Rockwell Center,
1200 Makati City, Philippines
Call our Consumer Services careline free on:
Phone lines are open 8:00AM to 5:00PM (GMT+8) Monday to Friday.
You can also leave a message at our Facebook page