Dear INTERNET user,
As part of IT compliance, Corporate Policy requires that all Nestlé Internet users agree to the conditions set by the Group’s Standard for Internet access.
Please read the Internet Undertaking below and reply to this email within 48hrs whether you AGREE or DISAGREE.
No response within the specified time would be interpreted as a disagreement to the undertaking.
Please reply in a timely manner to avoid any inconveniences.
Thank you for your usual understanding and cooperation.
Thanks and Regards,
Service Desk – TSI | Phone +63 2 898 0001 ext 6911
I, hereby state that I have acknowledged access to the Internet. In this connection, I undertake the following obligations:
I shall not use the system for purposes constituting a clear conflict of Nestlé interests or in violation of company computer and communication security policies.
I shall use the system/s for legitimate business purposes only.
- I will not allow my username and password to be used by another employee, visitors, friends or family members. I will never share my logon ID.
- I will not post and / or publish information on the Web which may damage Nestlé's reputation or its relationship with its business partners.
- I shall not transfer files to and from another computer over the Internet if there is no business reason.
- I will not provide Nestlé email addresses on external Websites unless it is required for legitimate business purposes. Submitting email addresses could make employees a target of unsolicited emails (SPAM).
- I am aware of Internet access security risks such as web site spoofing, lack of confidentiality of user information sent over the Web, and the possibility of user actions recorded on the Web.
- I will not post proprietary or confidential information on the Web unless authorized by the owner and posted in a fully secured and encrypted manner.
- I will not access or download material to gain unauthorized access to Nestlé systems, data, networks or computer equipment or that of other individuals and organizations.
- I will not access, download or forward unauthorized materials (e.g. music, videos, games, jokes, screen savers, etc.).
- I will be responsible when accessing resource-intensive internet sites and applications (ex. video streaming or uploading/downloading big files) that may lead to network congestion and degradation.
- I will not participate in on-line activities including but not limited to web-conferences or web-seminars etc. that are not for legitimate business purposes.
- I will not use the Web for gambling or soliciting for personal gain or profit.
- I will report immediately all negative posts about Nestlé and our brands to Corporate Communication and Consumer Services:
|Consumer Care Executive||Ext. 6262|
|Digital Corp. Communications Specialist||Ext. 7310|
I hereby recognize that I have read and understood the above guidelines. The system is considered property of the Company and my breach of any of the foregoing obligations shall give rise to the presumption that I have taken, misappropriated or converted such Company property for personal gain or benefit. Unless I overcome such presumption to the Company’s satisfaction, I shall be liable for sanction under the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, without prejudice to other concurrent or alternative charges or claims that the Company may hold me answerable for.
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
Do Nestlé products in emerging countries have more salt than products in developed/developing countries?
For the last 15 years we’ve been working to reduce the sodium (which is the major component of salt) in our breakfast cereals across the world because we want to keep making them more nutritious. Achieving consistency in all products, in all countries, takes time - so some may have more sodium than others. Our aim is for all our cereals – globally – to have the same reduced levels of sodium, with a target of less than 135mg per serving in all our children's products.
What are the health and nutritional benefits of Nestlé Gluten Free Corn Flakes?
As well as being a healthy choice for people who want to reduce the amount of gluten in their diet, or have coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance, Gluten Free Corn Flakes are fortified with B-vitamins, folic acid and iron
How can I find foods made with whole grain?
Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look out for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too. It’s easy to know if a Nestlé breakfast cereal is made with whole grain: just look out for the Green Banner and whole grain tick on top of the box. Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too. It’s easy to know if a Nestlé breakfast cereal is made with whole grain: just look out for the Green Banner and whole grain check mark on top of the box.
I’ve heard a low GI diet can help me lose weight. Is this true?
It’s too early to say. The science in this area is still emerging. There is evidence that low GI foods take longer to digest and help you feel satisfied for longer, but none that you’ll eat fewer calories at the next meal.
We'd love to hear your comments about Nestlé cereals, so please let us know what you think, we always appreciate hearing from you.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, please return it to:
31 Plaza Drive Rockwell Center,
1200 Makati City, Philippines
Call our Consumer Services careline free on:
Phone lines are open 8:00AM to 5:00PM (GMT+8) Monday to Friday.
You can also leave a message at our Facebook page