Cheerios® Cereal Mini Pancakes
Golden mini pancakes made with delicious Cheerios® are perfect for those lazy Saturday morning family breakfasts-in-pyjamas.
- Preparation Time
- 20 min
- Cooking Time
- 0 min
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|0.75||cups of Cheerios® cereals|
|1||cup of all-purpose flour|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|1.25||cups of milk|
|2||eggs, lightly beaten|
|2 tbsp||agave syrup or honey|
|Ingredients (serve-withs, if desired):|
|Real maple syrup, additional cereal, fresh fruit|
- Heat frying pan over medium heat or to 177°C.
- Grease frying pan with vegetable oil if necessary.
- Place 0.75 cup of cereal in a food processor.
- Cover and process until ground to a fine powder.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir cereal powder, flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Add milk, eggs and agave syrup; stir with fork until blended (batter will still be slightly lumpy).
- For each pancake, pour 1 measuring tablespoon of batter onto a hot frying pan.
- Cook until the edges are dry.
- Turn them over and cook other side until golden.
- To serve, top with serve-withs.
I'd like to contact Nestlé Cereals because
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
What are the health and nutritional benefits of Nestlé Gluten Free Corn Flakes?
I’ve heard a low GI diet can help me lose weight. Is this true?
It’s too early to say. The science in this area is still emerging. There is evidence that low GI foods take longer to digest and help you feel satisfied for longer, but none that you’ll eat fewer calories at the next meal.
Is Nestlé planning to launch gluten-free versions of its other cereals or cereal bars?
Why do some breakfast cereals have different serving sizes labeled on pack?
The serving sizes mentioned on breakfast cereals can slightly differ, mainly due to differences in product density. Beyond its nutrients density, it’s also important for the portion size to suit the average cereal bowl. Some types of breakfast cereals, such as mueslis or granolas, are denser than traditional flakes; so a 30 g serving could look tiny and unrealistic in a bowl – that's why we use 45 g as a reference. These different serving sizes have been defined by the European cereals trade association and consistently applied by all industry members in Europe.
Does the high GI of breakfast cereals negate the whole grain benefits?
No. Even though some foods made with whole grain have a high GI, you can still benefit by including them in a healthy, balanced diet. Eating lots of whole grain can be good for the heart, even if the GI of the food is high. The whole population can benefit from eating more whole grain; the effect of low GI foods is still not clear.
We'd love to hear your comments about Nestlé cereals, so please let us know what you think, we always appreciate hearing from you.