Fitnesse® Strawberry-Meringue Cereal Delights
Decorate these meringues with a handful of FITNESSE® cereal flakes before popping in the oven for a toasty texture on top!
- Preparation Time
- 30 min
- Cooking Time
- 50 min
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|a few basil leaves|
|3||drops vanilla extract (or orange flower extract)|
|25 g||FITNESSE® cereals|
- Wash, remove the stems, and slice the strawberries. Wash and slice basil leaves and put them with the strawberries in a mixing bowl. Put aside.
- Preheat oven to 250 °C.
- Beat egg whites. Add sugar alternative progressively.
- When the egg whites have formed into stiff peaks, add vanilla and continue beating until it is all mixed together.
- Put the egg whites in a pastry bag and squeeze out little mounds on a sheet pan lined with wax paper.
- Sprinkle a little cereal on each meringue mound.
- Place in oven, leaving the door slightly open and bake for 50 min.
- Turn off the oven, and leave the meringues until they have cooled completely. Serve with strawberry and basil mixture.
I'd like to contact Nestlé Cereals because
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
What are the health and nutritional benefits of Nestlé Gluten Free Corn Flakes?
I’ve heard a low GI diet can help me lose weight. Is this true?
It’s too early to say. The science in this area is still emerging. There is evidence that low GI foods take longer to digest and help you feel satisfied for longer, but none that you’ll eat fewer calories at the next meal.
Is Nestlé planning to launch gluten-free versions of its other cereals or cereal bars?
Why do some breakfast cereals have different serving sizes labeled on pack?
The serving sizes mentioned on breakfast cereals can slightly differ, mainly due to differences in product density. Beyond its nutrients density, it’s also important for the portion size to suit the average cereal bowl. Some types of breakfast cereals, such as mueslis or granolas, are denser than traditional flakes; so a 30 g serving could look tiny and unrealistic in a bowl – that's why we use 45 g as a reference. These different serving sizes have been defined by the European cereals trade association and consistently applied by all industry members in Europe.
Does the high GI of breakfast cereals negate the whole grain benefits?
No. Even though some foods made with whole grain have a high GI, you can still benefit by including them in a healthy, balanced diet. Eating lots of whole grain can be good for the heart, even if the GI of the food is high. The whole population can benefit from eating more whole grain; the effect of low GI foods is still not clear.
We'd love to hear your comments about Nestlé cereals, so please let us know what you think, we always appreciate hearing from you.