Fitness® Strawberry-Meringue Cereal Delights
Decorate these meringues with a handful of Fitness flakes before popping in the oven, for a pretty, toasty texture on the top!
- Preparation Time
- 30 min
- Cooking Time
- 50 min
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|a few basil leaves|
|3||drops vanilla extract (or orange flower extract)|
|25 g||FITNESS® cereals|
- Wash, stem, and chop strawberries. Wash and chop basil leaves and put them with the strawberries in a mixing bowl. Put aside.
- Preheat oven to 250 °C/ 480º F.
- Beat egg whites with an electric beater. Add aspartame progressively.
- When the egg whites have formed into stiff peaks, add vanilla and continue beating until it is all mixed together.
- Put the egg whites in a pastry bag and squeeze out little piles on a sheet pan lined in wax paper.
- Sprinkle a little cereal on each meringue pile.
- Place in oven, leaving the door slightly ajar and bake for 50 min.
- Turn off the oven, and leave the meringues until they have cooled completely. Serve with strawberry and basil mixture.
I'd like to contact Nestlé Cereals because
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
Do Nestlé products in emerging countries have more salt than products in developed/developing countries?
For the last 15 years we’ve been working to reduce the sodium (which is the major component of salt) in our breakfast cereals across the world, because we want to keep on making them more nutritious. Achieving consistency on all products, in all countries, takes time - so some may have more sodium than others. Our aim is for all our cereals – globally – to have the same reduced levels of sodium, with a target of less than 135mg per serving in all our children’s products.
What are the health and nutritional benefits of Nestlé Gluten Free Corn Flakes?
As well as being a healthy choice for people who want to reduce the amount of gluten in their diet, or have coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance, Gluten Free Corn Flakes are fortified with B-vitamins, folic acid and iron
How can I find foods made with whole grain?
Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look out for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too. It’s easy to know if a Nestlé breakfast cereal is made with whole grain: just look out for the Green Banner and whole grain tick on top of the box.
I’ve heard a low GI diet can help me lose weight. Is this true?
It’s too early to say. The science in this area is still emerging. There is evidence that low GI foods take longer to digest and help you feel satisfied for longer, but none that you’ll eat fewer calories at the next meal.
We'd love to hear your comments about Nestlé cereals, so please let us know what you think, we always appreciate hearing from you.
Mail can be sent to:
PO BOX 172, Port - of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I
Call our Consumer Services careline free on:
Phone lines are open 8am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
You can now also contact us via Facebook: