Cheerios Fruitylicious Apple and Berry bars
Perfect for lunchboxes or as an anytime snack, our cereal bars are fruity and crunchy-licious. And this simple, all-in-one method is easy-peasy – so even your little ones can have a go!
- Preparation Time
- 15 min
- Cooking Time
- 25 min
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|140 g||Multigrain Cheerios whole|
|115 g||self-raising flour|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|85 g||dried cherry and berry mix|
|2 tbsp||muscovado sugar|
|1||medium dessert apple, cored and chopped small|
|150 ml||semi-skimmed milk ( 1/4 pint)|
|1||medium egg, beaten|
|3 tbsp||light olive oil or sunflower oil|
|Icing sugar for dusting (optional)|
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Line a 20cm x 25cm tin with baking parchment.
- Place 100g of the CHEERIOS in a mixing bowl along with the flour, baking powder, cherry and berry mix, sugar and apple and stir together until well combined
- Add the milk, egg and oil and briefly mix again.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Sprinkle over the remaining CHEERIOS and lightly press them into the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and just firm. Leave to cool for a few minutes then lift out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Lightly dust with icing sugar and use a large knife cut into 10 bars.
- Try to mix up the colours to make pretty coloured flowers.
- You can use chopped pear in place of the apple. Dried cranberries and raisins also work well in this recipe.
I'd like to contact Nestlé Cereals because
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
Do Nestlé products in emerging countries have more salt than products in developed/developing countries?
What are the health and nutritional benefits of Nestlé Gluten Free Corn Flakes?
As well as being a healthy choice for people who want to reduce the amount of gluten in their diet, or have coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance, Gluten Free Corn Flakes are fortified with B-vitamins, folic acid and iron
How can I find foods made with whole grain?
I’ve heard a low GI diet can help me lose weight. Is this true?
Why does Nestlé label vegetable oil?
We'd love to hear your comments about Nestlé cereals, so please let us know what you think, we always appreciate hearing from you.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, please return it to:
FREEPOST NESTLÉ UK
Call our Consumer Services careline free on:
Phone lines are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
You can now also contact us via Twitter: