Gluten-Free Chilli Rice Pop Pancakes
Phil Vickery’s gluten-free Chilli Rice Pop Pancakes – a savoury spin on the classic pancake, topped with a fresh salsa of roasted corn, chickpea and coriander.
- Preparation Time
- 15 min
- Cooking Time
- 20 min
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|200 g||GOFREE Rice Pops|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|284 ml||carton buttermilk|
|50 ml||skimmed milk|
|2 tsp||fresh red chilli, finely chopped|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|200 g||thick Greek yoghurt|
|4 tbsp||olive oil|
|2||fresh corn on the cob, ears sliced off and dried in kitchen towel|
|400 g||chickpeas, well drained and dried in kitchen towel|
|0.5||red onion, very finely chopped|
|4||ripe vine tomatoes, chopped|
|6 tbsp||fresh coriander, roughly chopped|
- Heat the 2 tbsp olive oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add the corn and chickpeas sauté over a high heat to take a little colour, then add the onion and soften for 1 minute.
- Tip into a bowl and add the chopped tomatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
- Next place 150g of the Rice Pops into a food processor and blitz on high speed for 1 minute.
- Tip the Rice Pop flour, baking powder, salt into a bowl and mix really well.
- In a separate bowl place the egg, oil, buttermilk and fresh chilli and whisk well together.
- Gradually add the wet mix to the dry mix; you should end up with a loose but thickish batter, with a dropping consistency. You may need to add a little milk if the batter is too thick.
- Just before cooking add the last 50g Rice Pops.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan and then add the 2 tbsp of oil.
- Spoon in the pancake mixture making 4 small pancakes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, and then flip over; they should be light brown. Repeat and keep them warm.
- When ready to serve, lay 2 pancakes onto a warm plate.
- Top the pancakes (2 each) with the corn mixture, evenly.
- Top with more fresh chopped coriander and a nice spoon of thick Greek yoghurt.
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
Do Nestlé products in emerging countries have more salt than products in developed/developing countries?
What are the health and nutritional benefits of Nestlé Gluten Free Corn Flakes?
As well as being a healthy choice for people who want to reduce the amount of gluten in their diet, or have coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance, Gluten Free Corn Flakes are fortified with B-vitamins, folic acid and iron
How can I find foods made with whole grain?
I’ve heard a low GI diet can help me lose weight. Is this true?
Why does Nestlé label vegetable oil?
We'd love to hear your comments about Nestlé cereals, so please let us know what you think, we always appreciate hearing from you.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, please return it to:
FREEPOST NESTLÉ UK
Call our Consumer Services careline free on:
Phone lines are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
You can now also contact us via Twitter: