Shreddies Lemon Drizzle Loaf
Fancy a spot of baking but can’t get your hands on any flour? Fear not.You can still whip up a wide range of delicious treats, simply by using the breakfast cereals you have in the cupboard at home! Demand for flour has increased significantly during the Covid-19 lockdown, as more people take up baking at home. And while the industry has doubled production, it is still struggling to meet demand.But did you know that with just a few simple steps, you can turn breakfast cereals into a flour substitute that’s great for making everything from cookies to cheesecakes?
- Preparation Time
- 15 min
- Cooking Time
- 40 min
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|70 ml||Rapeseed oil|
|175 g||Shreddies blended in a food processor to make flour.|
|1.5 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|120 g||Caster Sugar|
|50 g||Lemon Curd|
|225 g||Greek Yoghurt (0% fat)|
|50 g||Semolina (optional)|
|2||juice of lemons|
|100 g||Caster Sugar|
1. Pre-heat oven to 160C fan.
2. Grease and line a non-stick loaf tin.
3. Put the Shreddies flour, baking powder, ground almonds and semolina (optional) into a large mixing bowl. Add the lemon zest and sugar. Beat the eggs with the yogurt. Add the oil then combine with the dry ingredients.
4. Spoon half the mixture into the tin, make a small channel with the back of a spoon and pipe in the lemon curd. Not to the end though. Top off with the remaining cake mixture and smooth out.
5. Bake for approx. 40 mins
6. For the syrup, place the sugar into a small saucepan with the lemon juice and water. Heat over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, to dissolve the sugar. Raise the heat and bring to the boil. Boil until slightly reduced and becomes like a syrup.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it cool slightly in the tin.
8. With a skewer make lots of small holes over the top of the cake and pour over the syrup.
9. Transfer to a cooling wire, pouring any syrup left in the base of the tin, over the top. Allow to cool completely
10. Enjoy :)
I'd like to contact Nestlé Cereals because
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
Do Nestlé products in emerging countries have more salt than products in developed/developing countries?
What are the health and nutritional benefits of Nestlé Gluten Free Corn Flakes?
As well as being a healthy choice for people who want to reduce the amount of gluten in their diet, or have coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance, Gluten Free Corn Flakes are fortified with B-vitamins, folic acid and iron
How can I find foods made with whole grain?
I’ve heard a low GI diet can help me lose weight. Is this true?
Why does Nestlé label vegetable oil?
We'd love to hear your comments about Nestlé cereals, so please let us know what you think, we always appreciate hearing from you.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, please return it to:
FREEPOST NESTLÉ UK
Call our Consumer Services careline free on:
Phone lines are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
You can now also contact us via Twitter: