Take the classic avocado on toast to the next level with this delicious Gluten Free recipe. Made with Nestlé GOFREE Rice Pops to add a bit of crunch and texture to this dish.
- Preparation Time
- 20 min
- Cooking Time
- 4 min
- Cooling Time
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
- 60 g GOFREE Rice Pops
- 4 medium ripe avocados, scored and then spooned into a bowl
- 8 Bread slices
- 0 red onion, very finely chopped
- 24 g Thai basil finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place the GOFREE Rice Pops into a dry frying pan and toast gently for 4-5 minutes, then cool.
- Place the avocado into a bowl and break up with a fork.
- Add the onion, basil, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper and mix well, but leave the mix quite chunky.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Toast the bread and lightly butter.
- When ready to serve, stir ¾ of the toasted Rice Pops into the avocado mix and stir quickly then pile evenly onto the 8 slices of warm toast.
- Serve immediately with the rest of the Rice Pops sprinkled over, with a little extra basil.
- You can top with a poached or fried egg.