Milo® cereal bar
Homemade cereal bars packed with healthy goodness and the chocolatey crunch of Milo® are perfect for a mid-morning snack for the kids.
- Preparation Time
- 15 min
- Cooking Time
- 15 min
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|4 tsp||canola oil|
|2 tbsp||agave syrup|
|2||large glasses, cereals, here it is a mixture of puffed rice, oatmeal, sunflower seeds and sesame.|
- In a bowl, beat the egg as an omelette, then… With a blender, reduce the Milo® into powder and then add the agave syrup and honey.
- In another bowl, mix the crushed almonds, cranberries, the puffed rice, and the other grains.
- Add to the cereals the mixture of Milo® honey and agave and mix with a wooden spatula.
- If the mixture is too sticky, add oatmeal; if it is very dry, add honey and stir the mixture.
- It should become a beautiful chocolate colour.
- Pour the mixture in a baking tray lined with baking paper and pack it well with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 200°C, but be sure to keep an eye on the cooking time.
- Once ready, take the preparation out of the oven, cut it into bars and enjoy!
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
Do Nestlé products in emerging countries have more salt than products in developed/developing countries?
For the last 15 years we’ve been working to reduce the sodium (which is the major component of salt) in our breakfast cereals across the world, because we are committed to continuously improve the nutritional profile of our cereals. . Achieving consistency in all products, in all countries, takes time - so some may have more sodium than others. Our aim is for all our cereals – globally – to have the same reduced levels of sodium, with a target of less than 135mg per serving in all our children's products.
What are the health and nutritional benefits of Nestlé Gluten Free Corn Flakes?
How can I find foods made with whole grain?
Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too. It’s easy to know if a Nestlé breakfast cereal is made with whole grain: just look out for the Green Banner and whole grain check mark on top of the box.
I’ve heard a low GI diet can help me lose weight. Is this true?
We'd love to hear your comments about Nestlé cereals, so please let us know what you think, we always appreciate hearing from you.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, please return it to:
Nestlé (South Africa) (Pty) Limited
Anslow Office Park, 8 Anslow Crescent, Bryanston, 2021 | PO Box 50616, Randburg, 2125
Consumer service line:
Phone lines are open 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday.
You can now also contact us via Facebook: