Cheerios® Fruitylicious Apple and Berry bars
Perfect for lunchboxes or as an anytime snack, our cereal bars are fruity and crunchy-licious. And this simple, all-in-one method is easy-peasy – so even your little ones can have a go!
- Preparation Time
- 15 min
- Cooking Time
- 25 min
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
|140 g||CHEERIOS® multi grain/ honey cereal|
|115 g||self-raising flour|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|85 g||dried cherry and berry mix|
|2 tbsp||muscovado sugar|
|1||medium dessert apple, cored and chopped small|
|150 ml||semi-skimmed milk ( 1/4 pint)|
|1||medium egg, beaten|
|3 tbsp||light olive oil or sunflower oil|
|Icing sugar for dusting (optional)|
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Line a 20 cm x 25 cm tin with baking parchment.
- Place 100 g of the CHEERIOS® in a mixing bowl along with the flour, baking powder, cherry and berry mix, sugar and apple and stir together until well combined
- Add the milk, egg and oil and briefly mix again.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Sprinkle over the remaining CHEERIOS® and lightly press them into the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and just firm. Leave to cool for a few minutes then lift out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Lightly dust with icing sugar and use a large knife cut into 10 bars.
- Try to mix up the colours to make pretty coloured flowers.
- You can use chopped pear in place of the apple. Dried cranberries and raisins also work well in this recipe.
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
Do Nestlé products in emerging countries have more salt than products in developed/developing countries?
For the last 15 years we’ve been working to reduce the sodium (which is the major component of salt) in our breakfast cereals across the world, because we are committed to continuously improve the nutritional profile of our cereals. . Achieving consistency in all products, in all countries, takes time - so some may have more sodium than others. Our aim is for all our cereals – globally – to have the same reduced levels of sodium, with a target of less than 135mg per serving in all our children's products.
What are the health and nutritional benefits of Nestlé Gluten Free Corn Flakes?
How can I find foods made with whole grain?
Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too. It’s easy to know if a Nestlé breakfast cereal is made with whole grain: just look out for the Green Banner and whole grain check mark on top of the box.
I’ve heard a low GI diet can help me lose weight. Is this true?
We'd love to hear your comments about Nestlé cereals, so please let us know what you think, we always appreciate hearing from you.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, please return it to:
Nestlé (South Africa) (Pty) Limited
Anslow Office Park, 8 Anslow Crescent, Bryanston, 2021 | PO Box 50616, Randburg, 2125
Consumer service line:
Phone lines are open 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday.
You can now also contact us via Facebook: