These little desserts are big on taste and mightily crunchy! And what better way for children to show off their creativity than by making funny faces?
- Preparation Time
- 10 min
- Cooking Time
- Cooling Time
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
- For the base:
- 50 g CHEERIOS® multi grain/ honey cereal
- 200 g low fat 2% Greek yoghurt
- For the lemon topping:
- 5 tbsp lemon curd
- 1 zest of a lemon
- 100 ml whipped cream, lightly whipped
- 100 g blueberries
- 40 g CHEERIOS® cereal whole (topping)
- Arrange four 7cm glass ramekins on a baking tray.
- Divide the 50g CHEERIOS® equally between the ramekins to form a base.
- To make the topping, put the greek yoghurt, lemon curd and lemon zest into a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- In a smaller bowl, whip the cream until it makes slightly floppy peaks.
- Fold the cream into the lemon mixture until smooth.
- Carefully spoon the mixture onto the CHEERIOS® and smooth off with a palette knife.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes until firm.
- For the topping use CHEERIOS® to decorate as hair and make a blueberry and CHEERIOS® face.
- Write us
- In Person
For the last 15 years we’ve been working to reduce the sodium (which is the major component of salt) in our breakfast cereals across the world, because we are committed to continuously improve the nutritional profile of our cereals. . Achieving consistency in all products, in all countries, takes time - so some may have more sodium than others. Our aim is for all our cereals – globally – to have the same reduced levels of sodium, with a target of less than 135mg per serving in all our children's products.
As well as being a healthy choice for people who want to reduce the amount of gluten in their diet, or have coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance, Gluten Free Corn Flakes are fortified with B-vitamins, folic acid and iron
Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too.
It’s too early to say. The science in this area is still emerging. There is evidence that low GI foods take longer to digest and help you feel satisfied for longer, but none that you’ll eat fewer calories at the next meal.