A banana based dessert that’s saucy, crispy and yummy!
- Preparation Time
- 10 min
- Cooking Time
- Cooling Time
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
- 10 g NESQUIK® Breakfast Cereal
- 8.5 g dark chocolate
- 0.5 banana
- Break the chocolate and melt.
- Crush up NESQUIK® Breakfast Cereal and place in a bowl.
- Peel a half- banana and cut into inch long rounds and put a skewer in each.
- Dip the end of the banana in the melted chocolate then the crushed NESQUIK® Breakfast Cereal.
- Place the plate in the refrigerator, about 30 minutes.
- In Person
Whole grain provides a range of vitamins, minerals, fibre, starch and other nutrients – that’s why it’s often recommended we eat three to four services a day ((Eatforhealth.gov.au 2015, 'How much should I eat from the grain (cereal) group?' para. 5). Breakfast is a good way to get some whole grain early in the day.
Source: Eatforhealth.gov.au 2015, Grain (cereal) foods, mostly wholegrain and / or high cereal fibre varieties, viewed 9 September 2021, https://www.eatforhealth.gov.au/food-essentials/five-food-groups/grain-cereal-foods-mostly-wholegrain-and-or-high-cereal-fibre
- Look out for 'whole' on the label – wholemeal, whole wheat and whole oats are all whole grains.
- Swap refined white breads, pasta and white rice for whole grain varieties (brown).
- Start your day with a breakfast cereal that clearly states it is made with whole grains.
- Mix wild rice with white rice, or switch to brown rice.
- Use wholemeal breadcrumbs to create a crunchy topping in savoury dishes.
- Choose rice cakes, rye crispbread, muesli bars with oats or other whole grains or plain popcorn as a whole grain snack.
CINI MINIS® Churros: Contains Wheat, Gluten. May contain milk.
MILO® Cereal: Contains Wheat, Gluten, Milk, Soy. May contain other gluten containing ingredients.
MILO® DUO Cereal: Contains Wheat, Gluten, Milk, Soy. May contain other gluten containing ingredients.
MILO® Protein Cereal: Contains Wheat, Gluten, Milk, Soy. May contain other gluten containing ingredients.
NESQUIK® Cereal: Contains Wheat, Gluten. May contain other gluten containing ingredients, milk and soy.
For more information, please refer to our product pages.
CINI MINIS® Churros Breakfast Cereal, NESQUIK® Breakfast Cereal and MILO® Breakfast Cereals are all suitable for vegetarian diets. CINI MINIS® Churros Breakfast Cereal and NESQUIK® Breakfast Cereal are also suitable for vegan diets, when served with a plant-based milk. However, MILO® Breakfast Cereals are not suitable for a vegan diet.
None of our breakfast cereals are Halal certified. If you are interested in other Nestlé products, please see current Halal list.
Here is a list of sugar content of each of our cereals. Please note that every quantity is an approximation, and based on the serving size of 30g unless stated otherwise:
CINI MINIS® Churros Breakfast Cereal: 7.5g.
MILO® Breakfast Cereal Original: 8.0g.
MILO® Duo Breakfast Cereal: 8.2 g.
NESQUIK® Breakfast Cereal: 6.7g.
MILO® Protein Breakfast Cereal: 10.1g per serving size of 45g.
To find the sugar content of our breakfast cereals, you can visit the nutritional information and ingredient information on each product page.
We go to great lengths to ensure our products are of the highest quality so our customers can enjoy them with confidence.
If something has gone wrong, we want to hear about it. Please get in touch with us and share as much information as possible or call our friendly Consumer Engagement Services team on 1800 025 768 (Australia) or 0800 830 840 (New Zealand). Feel free to let us know when we’ve done something you love too!