Homemade cereal bars packed with healthy goodness and the chocolatey crunch of CHOCAPIC® are perfect for a mid-morning snack for the kids.
- Preparation Time
- 15 min
- Cooking Time
- 15 min
- Cooling Time
- 4 min
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
- 4 tsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 handful CHOCAPIC®
- 60 g almonds
- 2 large glasses of the following mixture: puffed rice, oatmeal, sunflower seeds, and sesame.
- In a bowl, beat the egg. Add the CHOCAPIC®, and reduce it into powder with a blender. Then, add the agave syrup and honey to it. With a blender, reduce the CHOCAPIC® into powder and then add the agave syrup and honey in it.
- In another bowl, mix the crushed almonds, cranberries, and the mixture of puffed rice and other grains.
- Add to cranberries and grains the misture of CHOCAPIC®, honey and agave and mix them all with a wooden spatula.
- If the mixture is too sticky add oatmeal, if it is very dry, add honey and stir the mixture.
- It should become a beautiful chocolate color.
- Pour the mixture in a gratin dish lined with baking paper, pack it well, with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 200 ° C, but be sure to keep an eye on the cooking time.
- Once ready, take the preparation off the oven, cut it into bars and enjoy!
- Write us
- In Person
- Call Us
I'd like to contact Nestlé Cereals because
We've tried to answer as many of your questions as possible. You can search them all here:
Two things to remember: • Look for food labels where the word 'whole' appears in front of the name of the grain, like “whole wheat” or “wholemeal bread”. • For foods with more than one ingredient, make sure whole grain is listed towards the top of the ingredients list. The further up the list it is, the more whole grain has been used in the recipe. And look out for the percentage of whole grain. You should find this in the ingredients list too.
All Nestlé breakfast cereals carrying the green banner are made with whole grain; this is our Whole Grain Guarantee. They are made with at least 8g or more of whole grain per 30g serving. There are ingredient lists on all packs, showing the exact amount. By end of 2015, we’re committed to making whole grain the main ingredient in all Nestlé cereals popular with children.
A complete breakfast should include a balance of nutrients from each of the major food groups.