Making CHEERIOS® is actually so simple, you can do it from home with ingredients from your local supermarket.
- Preparation Time
- 10 min
- Cooking Time
- 20 min
- Cooling Time
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
- For CHEERIOS® rings
- 5 tbsp Wholegrain oat flour* (dry ingredient)
- 2 tbsp Wheat flour (dry ingredient)
- 0.5 tsp Baking powder (dry ingredient)
- 4.5 tbsp Water (wet ingredient)
- 1 tsp Oil (wet ingredient)
- 0.5 tsp Sugar (wet ingredient)
- 2 Pinches of salt (wet ingredient)
- Slurry for coating
- 1.5 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Boiling water
- 1 tsp Honey
- * If wholegrain oat flour is not available, make your own by milling rolled oats in a coffee grinder until it turns into flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C.
- Sieve all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients together in a small cup, stir until sugar and salt completely dissolved.
- Add wet mix to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until no more lumps. Do not over mix. Rest the batter for 5 mins. Batter consistency after resting should be similar to peanut butter.
- Put the batter into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle, 3mm in diameter. Optionally, use a disposable piping bag and make a very small cut at the tip.
- Pipe rings the same size as CHEERIOS® onto a baking tray lined with non-stick paper.
- Bake at 170°C for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool after baking.
- Mix sugar, honey and boiling water together until sugar is completely dissolved. Use immediately, or reheat in microwave for few seconds if cooled down.
- For every 50g of baked rings, drizzle ¾ teaspoon of the hot slurry. Mix quickly until the rings are uniformly coated.
- Spread the coated rings on a baking tray lined with a non-stick paper.
- Bake at 120°C for 8-10 minutes until crispy.
- Measuring spoons (1 tablespoon = 15mL, 1 teaspoon = 5mL)
- Small cups for slurry
- Mixing spatula
- Piping bag
- Piping nozzle 3mm diameter (optionally you can use a disposable piping bag and cut a very small opening at the tip)
- Baking tray
- Non-stick baking paper