These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions and by participating all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by them. Participants should retain a copy for their information.
1. Open to UK, CI & IoM residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Cereal Partners UK Ltd (‘The Promoter/’we’) and their immediate families, its agents or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
2. Only one entry per person via the promotional Instagram or Facebook posts only throughout the duration of the promotion.
Promotional posts will appear on:
• Shredded Wheat Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/shreddedwheatuk/
• After Eight Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/aftereightuki.
Participants may enter via any of these routes; however, all entries will be pooled into one prize draw for a chance to win one of the three prizes available to be won. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be attempting to circumvent this clause by tampering with the operation of the promotion, setting up multiple accounts, using multiple identities or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the terms and conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. There are three (3) prizes available to be won in total each consisting of an Easter Nest Bundle containing one of each of the following items: After Eight Dark Mint Chocolate Premium Easter Egg 400g (which includes a 200g After Eight Carton), Shredded Wheat Bitesize 370g, Shredded Wheat Apricot Wheats 450g, Shredded Wheat Blueberry Wheats 450g, and two (2) Cereal Bowls with two (2) Spoons.
All items will be subject to availability and may be substituted with an alternative item of equal or greater value in the event of circumstances outside the Promoter’s control.
How To Enter The Prize Draw
• Participants will require an Instagram or Facebook account to enter and must ensure that their entries are set to ‘Public’. Participants who do not already have an Instagram or Facebook account may open one at www.instagram.com or www.facebook.com , by following the instructions and reading the relevant Terms and Conditions.
• Enter via Instagram or Facebook by commenting on the official promotional posts in response to the question posed. A maximum of one entry per person will be placed in the prize draw regardless of how many times an individual comments across the participating platforms/pages. Entrants must ensure their account is set to ‘Public’ to allow their entry to be included in the prize draw. The three (3) winners will be drawn at random from all valid entries made via the Instagram post on www.instagram.com/shreddedwheatsuk, or www.instagram.com/aftereightuki, or via Facebook post on www.facebook.com/ShreddedWheatUK by 23:59 on 03.04.23.
• The three (3) winners’ Instagram and/or Facebook names will be announced/tagged in the original promotion posts on 04.04.23. Winners will be required to private message the Promoter via direct message and must provide personal information, including name, age, email, and address for validation purposes. Inaccurate information may result in the prize being forfeited. In the event any winner does not respond to communications within the outlined timeframe, the Promoter reserves the right to forfeit and withdraw the prize. See Clause 9 for more details.
• By participating entrants understand and agree to their comments being publicly displayed on the @shreddedwheatauk and @aftereightuki official UK Instagram and Facebook pages. Such entries may be attributed to the original entrant using their name as provided with their entry, or as shown on their Instagram or Facebook account.
• Comments must not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any comments it deems to be:
i. Violent, negative or/and discriminative of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, or be profane or obscene;
ii. Promote or be about the use of illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
iii. Be offensive or be about hate; iv. Defame, misrepresent or contain negative remarks about the Promoter or its products, other people, products or companies;
v. Contain trademarks owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission;
vi. Contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical "samples") without permission;
vii. Contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the participant, without permission;
viii. Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Promoter wishes to associate;
ix. Depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
5. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to immediately and permanently remove any comments or posts that it deems to be distasteful, degrading or will in any way cause offence. Comments should not mention or tag another person except where the entrant has obtained express permission to publicly share that person’s Instagram/Facebook name. All entries must conform to Instagram and Facebook guidelines and terms and conditions.
6. The winners will be drawn at random by an independent third party from all valid entries received by the stated closing date. Bulk, trade, agencies, third party or automated entries are not permitted and will be disqualified.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any entrant from the prize draw whose social media name or photo it deems to be offensive, or it believes may cause offence to other participants.
8. Prize draw closes at 23:59 on 03.04.23. Participation is via the method as outlined in Clause 4 above only. No postal or other entry method is available.
9. The prize draw will take place using an independently verified random computer number generator within 48hrs of the prize draw closing date and the winners will be contacted via a message under their original entry on Facebook or Instagram (depending on which platform was used to enter) within two standard working days (by the end of 05.04.23) and will be required to respond via direct message on the platform used to enter.
Winners will be required to provide certain information and confirm acceptance of the prize within two (2) days of initial contact. Inaccurate information may result in the prize being forfeited.
In the event any winner does not respond to communications within two (2) days of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize offer from this potential winner and allocate that prize to an alternative reserve winner selected at the same time as the original. If the reserve winner does not respond within five (5) days of being notified and after three attempts, the prize entitlement will be withdrawn, and the prize removed from the promotion. The prize will be sent to the winners upon completion of the verification process via a courier ‘signed for’ delivery.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control but will use all reasonable endeavours to minimise the effect to participants to avoid undue disappointment.
11. The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales but any disputes as to the meaning of these Terms and Conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the participants’ local courts.
12. The decision of the Promoter in all matters connected to this draw is final and binding.
13. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting any prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence. To the fullest extent possible in law, neither the Promoter nor agencies involved in this promotion will be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by matters relating to this promotion.
14. Promoter reserves the right to verify the winners and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements, or otherwise where a participant has gained an unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
15. By taking part in the promotion, the winners agree that the Promoter may contact them to ask whether they want to participate in marketing activities/PR relating to this promotion only.
18. No responsibility can be accepted for any entries that cannot be made, are incomplete, corrupted, delayed or are not received for any reason whatsoever.
The Promoter cannot assume any responsibility or liability for:
• Any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions.
• Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the promotion.
• Any unauthorised access to the operation of this promotion.
• Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet, or Instagram or Facebook, or any combination thereof.
19. All normal Internet connection charges associated with the submission of an entry to the promotion shall be the entrant’s responsibility.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. Entrants accept and understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter, and that neither Instagram, nor Facebook, have liability for any element of this promotion. Furthermore, any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion should be directed to the Promoter only.
21. Any person posting, or seen to be posting, comments to www.instagram.com/shreddedwheatuk and/or www.facebook.com/ShreddedWheatUK and/or www.instagram.com/aftereightuki social media pages or elsewhere during the promotion that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other participants, fans of ‘Shredded Wheat’ or ‘After Eight’, or directly aimed at the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to alert Instagram, and/or Facebook, to any such behaviour, which may result in the person’s account(s) being frozen pending investigation.
23. To ensure fairness and the integrity of the promotion to all participants, the Promoter will not enter into discussions regarding the running of this promotion via social media but will respond to questions via email@example.com.
24. If any of these clauses should be determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
25. If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment. The Promoter cannot be responsible for any changes to the venue or the appearance of specific talent due to circumstances outside its control. In the event of any unavoidable changes, the Promoter will make all reasonable endeavours to minimise the effect to participants to avoid undue disappointment.
Promoter: Cereal Partners UK Ltd, 2 Albany Place, 28 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts AL7 1RR