A great idea for snacking bowls with a yummy mix of colours, textures and flavours.
- Preparation Time
- 10 min
- Cooking Time
- 30 min
- Cooling Time
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
- 1000 g Nestlé® GLUTEN FREE HONEY, HONEY-NUT OR PLAIN CORN FLAKES cereal
- 250 g whole almonds or pecan halves
- 50 g butter or margarine
- 50 g packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp (10 g) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 g) ground ginger
- 250 g mixed berry dried fruit
- Heat oven to 150°C. In large bowl, place cereal and almonds. In 1L saucepan, heat butter, brown sugar and maple syrup over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.
- Stir in cinnamon and ginger. Pour over cereal mixture; toss until evenly coated. Spread in ungreased 39x27x2.5cm (15x10x1-inch) pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, stirring once. Stir in dried fruit. Spread mixture on cooking parchment paper to cool. Store in airtight container.