To add some extra crunch to your next taco dinner, try coating some white fish like cod or haddock with some crushed up golden gluten free cornflakes. Arriba!
- Preparation Time
- 30 min
- Cooking Time
- 8 min
- Cooling Time
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
- 500 g Nestlé® GLUTEN FREE CORN FLAKES cereal, finely crushed
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel (10 g)
- 0.5 tsp salt (2g)
- 2 eggs
- 450 g white fish fillets (such as sole or cod)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (30 ml)
- 8 corn tortillas (15 cm / 6-inch)
- 1 medium avocado, mashed
- 250 g shredded lettuce
- 1 small lemon, cut into wedges
- Salsa, if desired
- In shallow dish, mix corn flake crumbs, lemon peel and salt. In another shallow dish, beat eggs. Dip fish into beaten eggs; coat well with crumbs.
- In 30cm (12-inch) nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook fish in oil 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package. Fill tortillas with fish, avocado and lettuce; top with lemon wedges. Serve with salsa.