Whip up a batch of our delicious Shredded Wheat breakfast bars and start your day the tasty way. Tasty breakfast #shredded
- Preparation Time
- 20 min
- Cooking Time
- Cooling Time
- 1 h
- Skill Level
- Serving Size
- 2 Shredded Wheat Original biscuit (45g), crumbled
- 20 g jumbo porridge oats
- 150 g dried apricots
- 75 g raisins
- 4 tablespoons orange or apple juice
- 25 g blanched hazelnuts and almonds
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Toast the Shredded Wheat and oats in a large pan over a medium-low heat until golden and crisp. Leave to cool.
- Toast the nuts over a medium-low heat for 2 minutes, then add sunflower seeds and cook for another 2 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
- Put the apricots, raisins and juice into a food processor and blend to a smooth puree. Remove to a large mixing bowl. Add the Shredded Wheat and oats to the processor, coarsely chop, then add to the puree. Finally, coarsely chop the nuts and seeds in the processor and add to the bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Line an 18cm square baking tray with baking paper and spread the mixture in an even layer, about 1.5cm think. Chill for 1 hour until firm, then cut into bars.